Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Explanation or Demonstration???

In class today my professor asked me what the difference between demonstration and explanation.  I knew that I was supposed to have an answer for why they were different, however I realized I did not know.  I always used them interchangeably.  With that being said I learned the difference! Explanation is when you are giving examples and scenarios to teach your students something.  While demonstration is a more physical way of showing your students how something works.  After hearing this I realized that they are very different after all!

1 comment:

  1. I liked reading this because it really cleared it up for me. When I read the title I thought to myself oh that's easy, but I realized I couldn't articulate an answer. I wish that you would have used pictures or a video to show this. So, are you going to explain things to your students or are you going to demonstrate them? I ponder this question as well! I can't wait to read more, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete