Monday, September 7, 2015

Intro To Assessment

As I am strengthening my understanding of what assessment  is and different strategies to help implement it into my lessons I have already learned a lot. I was reading different articles that talk about assessment and came across one "What Is Understanding? A Deeper Look" . It made me realize that just because someone can memorize information, does not mean they actually understand the concepts behind it.  In order to ensure someone understands what you are teaching them, you can not rely solely on them reiterating it back to you.  The article had a nice definition about what assessment really is and what we need to look for in our students, "a flexible performance capability."  I like this definition, because it reminds me to not just teach ideas, but also help my students gain a deeper understanding of those ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment