Thursday, November 12, 2015

NY State Teachers Inquiry Design

I believe that using inquiry lessons in the classroom is an important part of making sure your students are getting a well-rounded understanding of the lesson you are teaching.  In order for them to understand the topic, it is important for them to explore it using their own skills.  There are times when we as teachers are expected to give our students facts and information, but it is also important for them to understand they can explore these ideas themselves and do not need to rely on us to teach them everything!  Teachers do not just teach their student, we are also responsible for showing them how to learn on their own.  This inquiry model is a way for teachers to organize their lessons for their students.  It helps them organize their ideas, follow the given questions, and see what tasks are expected of them.  In the future I would like to try this method with my students when doing inquiry lessons.  I feel that it is a wonderful way to either introduce or refresh students' memory about what is involved in the inquiry process. I would not rely just on this model for my lessons, but would definitely incorporate it my lesson plans!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Emily! Inquiry teaching is something that we can teach our students to use on their own. I feel that inquiry teaching helps students learn how to organize their thoughts, become investigators, and have fun while learning. I agree that we can't rely on inquiry all the time but we can incorporate it into unit plan topics. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete