Thursday, November 12, 2015

Native American Tribe Lesson

Creating a lesson around one specific Native American Tribe was fun!  I have never learned so many specifics about one tribe.  Then each of the other groups shared what they learned about their own tribe.  My group was assigned the Muscogee Creek Nation.  I really enjoyed researching this nation and figuring out what their lives were like.  I was happy to hear that they are still around and were able to form a government of their own with their own leaders.  The process of putting this project together was easy for my group.  I feel that we are starting to understand what each off our strong suits are when it comes to working in groups.  It was also helpful to be able to divide the information into different sections.  I was in charge of finding the history of the Muscogee Creek Nation.  When the information is divided up between group members it also allows for the quality of the information and understanding of the material to be stronger.  I felt very comfortable and confident in my own understanding of the material.  Which made me more confident when teaching the lesson. I feel that this was also true for the other groups, based on my observations of their presentations.  Which made me excited to hear what they had to say and what they found out about their projects.  I also liked how my group was able to make the lesson interactive by wearing moccasins and doing the traditional dance with the class.  Here is a copy of our presentation on the Muscogee Creek Nation!
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment